Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gym Goers 1

I'll be honest, and say that I don't go the gym as much as I should.  Occasionally, however, I'm able to drag my butt over and lift some weights or get on the treadmill.  It is on those occasions that I have the opportunity to people watch.  You can often spot several types of people there.  On a college campus it is common to find "Girl Who Puts On Makeup To Go To The Gym".  I guess she's trying to find herself a man, but if I were a dude, I don't think I would find smeared mascara and bangs plastered down with sweat that attractive.  Even still, you can recognize this person because she will be relentlessly trying to maintain her styled hair and painted visage while on Level 50 of the elliptical machine.


4 comments:

  1. Don't forget that there is a male version of this as well. You see those guys that come in with their hair perfectly gelled and a shirt that you can tell they spent 10 minutes picking out to be sure that their arms look as big as possible. You will often find these guys loitering around the water fountain and buying ridiculous amounts of protein products in the gym store. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. Don't worry, I'll get to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heehee...and I once saw a guy stand in front of those huge wall mirrors they got just admiring himself and fixing his hair for like 10 minutes. I hope he saw me chucking at him.

    ReplyDelete