Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh The Excitement!!

It was Saturday night, so of course I was at home studying for finals (actually I was on the phone with my boyfriend) when my younger sister, Megan, beeped in.  I switched over to talk to her and she said:

"Call the boyfriend back."

And I said, "No.  You interrupted.  I'll call you back."

And Megan was all like, "No! Talk to me biznatch!"

So I was like, "Fine!"

So I got off the phone with the boyfriend.  All of a sudden I found myself on a conference call with both my sisters!  I was entirely confused until Megan said we were actually on a 4-way call because her boyfriend was with her and listening too, and they had news...

Now I thought I had an idea what this news might be, but I didn't want to get too excited just yet.  I sat, waiting, breath held....and then she said it, "We're engaged!!!"


I'm not really sure what was said in the next couple seconds because I was squealing with delight.


I had been waiting for this day to come!!  Is it disappointing that the youngest of us three is getting married first?  Yes.  But with me and Stephanie (the older sister) swamped in the soul sucking void of professional school, Megan is the only hope for a wedding in the family anytime soon.  Thus, I have accepted the fact that I will have to live vicariously...at least for now. 

There may or may not have been some dancing at this point.  And school may or may not have been forgotten for the rest of the night.



After the dancing, I told all my roommates and other various friends.


They probably didn't appreciate my interruption of their studying, or my random outbursts that continued throughout the rest of the night, but they listened like faithful froommates do.  Finals are thankfully almost over now, and then I get to go home and talk wedding!  Of course, being the best sister, I will get to be Maid of Honor!  I suppose I'd be willing to share some of the duties with Steph though. ;) We're gonna plan the best bachelorette party ever! 

There's only one thing in the way.  I'll give you one guess....

Did you say vet school?

You're right!  It's always in the way of everything.  The next year and a half of my life have been planned out since early September.  Next semesters classes are set and starting in May I'll be doing my clinical rotations until I finally graduate the following May.  I already know what rotation I'll be doing when and what weeks I have vacation.  I gave Megan my schedule to look at but she doesn't want to have the wedding any of the times I'm free and of course, she shouldn't have to worry about it.  It's her day!  Vet school is just stubborn and makes you plan out your life before you even know what is going to happen!  I think I might be able to get an extra day off, but it requires filling out a form for a leave of absence and finding someone to take over my duties.  So I have a little more investigating to do on how all that stuff works. It just sucks cause I'll probably end up taking a Friday off and going home for the weekend (assuming I'm not on call that weekend) which means I'll only have a couple days at home.  I would really like to be at home for the days leading up to the wedding.  I guess that's life, though, and you have to work with what you get. For now anyways, I'm super excited and can't wait to gain a brother!

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes to your sister from me, random girl she doesn't know on the internet but who wishes her well anyway cause she very much enjoys the cartoons of her sister doing the "They're engaged!" dance.

    PS I first had congrats but then I erased that cause I heard once that that's only for the groom. Bah, traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your drawings. I had to take several looks at your first picture, though, until I realized that it was a picture of YOU talking on the phone. At first I thought it was a picture of Megan and that there was something that I wasn't told...engaged and expectant!

    Did your fingers fall of of your right hand because you danced so hard (see third drawing)?

    If Katie has to see this messy place when she gets here part of the fault will be yours because I am reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I support a mildly messy house in favor of reading Christine's blog! :)

    ReplyDelete